Josine Smits began practising as a lawyer in 2009. She specialised in ICT and privacy law, intellectual property law and business law. In these areas of law, she advises and represents companies in their national and international operations. Josine is also very experienced in overseeing mergers and takeovers. The entities she works with include software developers, website builders, cultural bodies, healthcare institutions and media companies.
Areas of expertise
- Trademark law, copyright and design law
- (Software) licences
- Privacy and cookie policies
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
- Duty to report data leaks
- Processor’s agreements
- Mergers and takeovers
- Shareholders’ agreements and cooperation agreements
- Shareholder disputes
- 2015: Grotius Academy, specialist course in Information Technology Law.
- 2009: Erasmus University Rotterdam, Masters in Private Law Practice
Memberships and other activities
- Privacy Law Association (VPR)
- Guest lecturer, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences