Matthijs Schonewille has been practicing as a lawyer in the area of intellectual property law since 2014. He advises his clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters regarding amongst others trademarks, design rights and trade secrets. Matthijs is experienced in cross-border and multi-jurisdictional litigation for national and international clients. Aside from litigation, Matthijs assists his clients with drafting and review of agreements concerning intellectual property.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Trademarks, design rights, copyrights and trade names
- Litigious enforcement of intellectual property rights in the Netherlands and Europe
- Protection of trade secrets
- IP enforcement through customs and parallel trade
- Dutch civil procedural law
- Drafting and reviewing (commercial) agreements (such as purchase, option, licensing, consignment, distribution and agency)
- 2013: Leiden University, Master Company Law with an emphasis on intellectual property rights
- 2013: Temple University (USA), LL.M. for Foreign Trained Lawyers
Matthijs was recognized as a ‘Rising star’ in 2018 by Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars
J.M. Eck, D.W.R. Henderickx, M.R.A. Schonewille, ‘Patent law in hindsight 2017’, Berichten IE March/April 2018, ed. 2, p. 68 – 74.